Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Hi, I have a Sony Vaio VGC-LT and I was wondering if there

Hi, I have a Sony Vaio VGC-LT and I was wondering if there is any video out/external display capabilities on this machine...THANKS, Richard (UK).
Category: Computer
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hello !!

Can you please provide me full model no. of your computer

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sony Vaio VGC-LT combined TV/Desktop with 22 inch screen...model PCG-2A1M...eleven months old with very little useage...NO VGA...NO COMPOSITE...no obvious video out port...nothing obvious in BIOS to enable a video out capability...This (beautiful looking) machine is useless to me unless I can use it with external display(s).

Cheers
Richard (UK).
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hello !!

I am not able to look up the model.

The model numbers are of this type : VGCLT19U etc (VGCLTXXX)

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK Andy, I have located the original packaging/box so I can provide you with more info...

VGCLT2S.CEK
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor @ 2.10 GHz
2 GB DDR RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8400GT GPU

hope this helps,
Cheers
Richard.
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hello !!

Sorry for the delay as I was confirming the answer.

Here is the tech spec. for your computer : LINK

Your computer has no video output port. There is a S-Video port, that most computers have. That port is mostly used to take output from computer to TV.

But your computer mentioned only S-Video IN and that signifies that it can take input from another computer's output.

Now, maybe the spec is written in confusion way as this is a bit different sort of PC, as it seems to me.

So your best bet is to buy a S-Video cord and connect to other monitor to confirm our doubt.

The cord will have this connector :
graphic

that will fit on your computer's S-Video port.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please ask me any question you have before leaving a Negative Feedback. I will help you solve all your problems.

Positive Feedback and BONUS is always appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
...already tried S-video Andy...NOTHING...that is why I thought that maybe something in the BIOS could change S-video settings to video-out???

This IS indeed the PC that I am trying to create an external display/video out.

Any other thoughts on how I may be able to achieve this ?

Cheers Andy,
Richard.
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hello Richard !!

I am sorry but there is no video output port on your computer in that case. No setting in BIOS can make it happen. There is no hardware in your computer for this and so no software change will make it happen.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What about keyboard combination keys to "activate" S-video on a Sony Vaio ?...or am I flogging a dead horse ?

Thanks for your time and effort Andy...I appreciate it,

Richard (UK)
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hello !!

If you are asking whether you can get video output using some key combination, so answer is no, its not possible.

I am really sorry that I couldnt give any good news, but thats what it is unfortunately.

And thank you so much for the Bonus !!

Take care
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, n/p Andy.
Thanks again for your help.
Cheers,
Richard (UK).