Austin Atkins
Austin Atkins, A+ Certified IT Pro
Experience:  A+ Certifed Technician 5 years, IC3 Certifed 6 years
16485884

My DVD/CD burner/player drawer will not open. I press the

My DVD/CD burner/player drawer will not open. I press the area to open and I get a green
light then the light goes off and drawer will not open.
I have T5088 emachine. XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  Austin Atkins replied 5 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to assist you.

Can you tell me what operating system you have?

Austin
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Windows vista

Browser I'm not sure...

Thank you.

Please click start, in the search box, type

device manager

Select the link that appears. Expand the DVD/CD Rom Drive section. Right click your drive shown and choose "uninstall." When this is done, restart your computer and see if it behaves normally. Thanks.

Austin
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm not sure what you wnat me to do... I went to the start ...typed in DVD/CD rom drive

and did not work Help

1. Click start.
2. Type device manager.

Then proceed with the next steps. This is what I had in my previous post:

Austin
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I've got to the device manager and to my DVD/CD rom and right clicked and it does

not have a uninstall unit ..it just has option at bottom to click OK

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It also has scan for hardware changes ...which I clicked on
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I clicked on the link you gave me and got the option to uninstall I clicked on the uninstall

and nothing happened...Should I shut down my computor now and see if it works?

You have to restart your computer to see if it has taken effect. This should reset the drive.

Let me know how this goes. Thanks.
Austin
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok I will restart and how do I get back to you
Simply log back into Justanswer.com and you will be able to find our post.

Austin
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I turned off the computor and restarted...it did not work.the drawer still will not open
Look on the front of the Drive. You will see a small hole like this:

http://img287.imageshack.us/i/pict24355pd.jpg/

Straighten out a paper clip and push it strait into the hole and see if the drive ejects. This will take a few attempts. This is to see if the drive is physically stuck or if this is a software issue.

Thanks.
Austin
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

IT WORKED......IMAGINE A PAPER CLIP DOING THE JOB....THANKS SO MUCH

I HOPE IT WILL KEEP WORKING.....DO I OWE MORE MONEY?

The only money that the site removes is your original deposit which you placed at 18$.

Perhaps it just stuck, have had that happen a couple of times. Feel free to let me know if you need more help. Thanks.

Austin
Austin Atkins, A+ Certified IT Pro
Experience: A+ Certifed Technician 5 years, IC3 Certifed 6 years