How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Ryan B. Your Own Question

Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 1775
Experience:  Comptia A+ Certified Technician , with 8+ years Experience
16548393
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Ryan B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Dell Inspiron 1526 that suddenly is dead. No LED lights

Resolved Question:

I have a Dell Inspiron 1526 that suddenly is dead. No LED lights with battery or power adapter or with battery removed and trying with just power cord. Machine is 15 months old and had to have hard drive replaced after 3 months. Runs Vista. Sound like a dead motherboard or are there power connections that could be fixed.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer~!~Smile

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question today. I have reviewed everything you wrote in your question and it from the sounds of it unfortunately there isn't anything else that you can do your self. If you have tried to remove the battery already and just use the a/c adaptor as well as just tried with the battery and neither would show that there was any power going to the laptop then there are a few things that could be wrong.

1st) The battery could be dead and you may have a bad a/c adaptor there for the battery won't charge and when plugged in the laptop won't turn on or get power because of the a/c adaptor(power supply/cord) is bad.

2nd) The Power Connector could be bad therefore when you plug the laptop in it can't receive any power intake to turn on the laptop.

Those are the 2 main issues that I would first look into. If you have the spare cash I would start with replacing the power adaptor and keep the receipt if that doesn't correct the issue take it back and then I would look into the power connector being bad or possibly needing to be re-soldered.

Hope that helps, Good Luck!
Ryan B. and 5 other Computer Specialists are ready to help you

Related Computer Questions