Ryan H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ Certified Technician - 10 Years experience working with all types of computer systems.

I am getting harddisk security primary master Hitachi lock,

I am getting harddisk security primary master Hitachi lock, when I hit enter it just looks for a password XXXXX we don't know what it is, what can I do to fix this??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
Was the hard drive removed from the machine and put back in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no, but we removed the battery to try to fix the problem as well, but nothing worked
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
The harddrive thinks that it has been removed, so it is locking it. This is to prevent theft. You will have call the manufacturer of the machine and setup a service for the machine. There is no other way to solve this. It has to be returned to the manufacturer so they can unlock the drive unless they can provide you with a code.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
where would I call for acer? the laptop is only a few months old, so is it/ should it be under warranty??
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
Absolutely it should be covered if the password XXXXX not set by someone and the hard drive was not removed. You can goto this page:

There is also a toll free number on that where you can reach a human to talk to them, make sure there is no charge to you.