Greg Maxey
Greg Maxey, Microsoft Word Expert
Experience:  Microsoft Word Most Valuable Professional (6 years).
16468162

HOW DO I DELETE MULTIPLE PAGES IN WORD. I CANT GET THEM TO

HOW DO I DELETE MULTIPLE PAGES IN WORD. I CAN'T GET THEM TO DELETE WITH FIND, ETC.
The most correct answer is "you can't."

Unlike other applications like PowerPoint that used defined objects like "slides." Microsoft Word doesn't really deal in pages until it is is acually outputted to a printer driver (one that prints the pages or one that displays the text on your screen). This is well explained here:

http://daiya.mvps.org/wordpages.htm

All you can really do is select all the text on the page to delete and delete it. This can be simplified somewhat by running a macro that deletes all the text on the selected page (i.e., page containing the insertion point).

Sub DeleteTextOnSelectedPage()
Dim oRng As Word.Range
Set oRng = Selection.Bookmarks("\Page").Range
oRng.Delete
End Sub

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The pages are multiple site plans, maps, etc. Will selecting each site map, etc. and deleting it do the trick? I'm a WordPerfect user so this is difficult for me. I even have CrossEyes, but it really wasn't any help.Embarassed
Will selecting each site map, etc. and deleting it do the trick?

Images in Word documents (e.g., maps, pictures, etc.) are normally inserted as InLineShapes. If this is the case then, yes selecting all of the text and images on a given displayed "page" should result in that "page" being deleted. But again, the concept of "page" does't really exist as physical object in a Word document.

Your best bet may be to make a copy of the document and then experiment with the copy to see how your deletions will affect the rest of the document.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I WILL TRY THAT. THANKS.