lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.

I accidentally uninstalled Microsoft office, any suggestions

I accidentally uninstalled Microsoft office, any suggestions how to remedy this? I can not find the orginal installation disks?
Category: Computer
Expert:  lifesaver replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What operating system are you using(Xp,Vista)?
-What version of office you had?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
XP Home Edition
Version 2002 Service pack 3
Expert:  lifesaver replied 7 years ago.

First you should try a system restore to a date before which everything was fine.

To use System Restore to restore Windows XP to a previous state, follow these steps:
  1. Log on to Windows as Administrator.
  2. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. System Restore starts.
  3. On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next.
  4. On the Select a Restore Point page,choose a proper restore point, before you uninstalled offcie,and then click Next.

Note A System Restore message may appear that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make. Click OK.
  5. On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restarts the computer.
  6. Log on to the computer as Administrator. The System Restore Restoration Complete page is displayed.
  7. Click OK.
Hope this helps.Let me know if you face any problems.

Best regards,