Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

my garmin have no map data available how must

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.

I can help you out with this problem. Can you please tell me which model you have (for example: Garmin Nuvi 550)

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have the 350 nuvi version and im trying get it to show my map data right now its showing "no map data" on my home screen on my device
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
Ok, what this means is that the map file inside your Nuvi 350 is corrupted and the device can not read it anymore. We will need to update your map by plugging it into the computer. Do you have your cable to plug it into the computer?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its already inserted into my computer
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.

Which version Operating system does your computer use? (XP,Vista,Mac)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it is a dell computer the windows are a (xp)
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.

First thing you should know, with this problem that you are encountering most likely you will will need to send the unit back to Garmin to reload the map data onto the device, but I am going to try a few things with you to try to get it functioning again ok?

First thing to try is go to this webpage: Garman Map Updater, click on the "Check for updates" It will bring you to a new page, where you might need to install a plug in. It is okay to install the plug in and is nessesary.

If a map update is found you should be able to follow the instructions to update your map. Please let me know.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it did not work
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
Next I would like you to download "webUpdater" which updates the actual software on your device.

Click here to download, then open it and it should find your Nuvi automatically.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I still need help down loading is not working
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
You downloaded the WebUpdater?

Did you install WebUpdater on your computer?