Joshua C.
Joshua C., PC Technician
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician with over 10 years of experience.
18519760

I am trying to replace the cmos battery on an HP desktop pavilion.

I am trying to replace the cmos battery on an HP desktop pavilion. Where is it?? I opened it and looked all over the board to no avail. Am I suppose to be looking for a 2032 battery, slim, nickel size battery?
Customerthank you for using Justanswer.com

I need just a tiny bit more information before I can point out where the cmos battery is located in your computer.

1) What model # XXXXX HP desktop pavilion computer do you have?

Once I get this information I will provide an exact location of the battery.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's a friends and I don't have it here & lost my note. I am 99.99999% sure that it is an HP Pavilion a265c
CustomerThank you for your fast responce.

On the HP Pavilion a265c the Cmos battery is located on the lower right hand corner of the motherboard. It should be standing up on its side.

I am inclusing a direct link to HP's website with a diagram of the motherboard you should be looking at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Doc/images/c00411508.gif

(Open up the picture and look at the bottom right, put your mouse on top of the box that says 4mb Bios. Directly above that box is the CMOS battery).

You can pull out the battery while the computer is unpluged/off and swap it out with a new one.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I will open it again and take a look, probably tomorrow morning. I will let you know if it is as you say.

Thank you for your quick response!

Customer

Please let me know if you need any additional help tomorrow. If my help resolved your issue please come back and press the green accept button so I can be compensated.

Thank you for using Justanswer.com
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I will accept now. I got a hold of my friend and they confirmed the model.

I'm confused as to how you found the schematic for the computer. When I pull up the available documentation, I don't see it. but regardless, thanks anyway!

Customer

Here are the web pages I viewed to get the information.

HP Pavilion a265c Specifications
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c00026727

If you scroll down a little bit on that page you will see a link for the motherboard specifications.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c00022505

On this page you will find out that the board is produced by a company named Asus and it's model # XXXXX them. If you scroll down a bit you will see a picture of the board and the image I linked you to in my answer.

Sometimes another set of eyes are needed to find the info =)

Thanks for using Justanswer.com