mary, Consultant
Experience:  MCA (Masters in Computer Application

i cannot put my icons back on my desktop screen they are in

i cannot put my icons back on my desktop screen they are in my file desktop and they will drag but will not stay on screen thanks!
Category: Computer
Expert:  mary replied 7 years ago.
Hi, you have to make sure that you login with the username that has the administrator right, if you are using it then check the attributes of the icons if they are set to the read-only then uncheck the check mark to make it move.

Please let me know the operating system you are using is it xp or vista?

Please Click on ACCEPT Button to reward my time, If unsatisfied, please post your question again instead of giving NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Thanks and regards

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
using vista - if it will help the error happened when i was deleting some of the desktop icons from my screen whatever i did took the lot away! do i go into my desktop file? to get then back on my screen - sorry getting very confused because ive tried the help files to no avail
Expert:  mary replied 7 years ago.
as i told you earlier you have to make sure that the login has the admin rights then only you will be able to move or modify folders and icons.