NeOh, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Currently working in web applications.Good Experience in C,VB,ASP,Javascript

I have no printer icon on my hotmail page and when I do a print

I have no printer icon on my hotmail page and when I do a print preview for an e-mail the page shown is blank. How can I solve this problem so that I can print my e-mails? I use the Firefox browser.
Pete Irvine [email protected]

When you open the Mail in the firefox browser, in the address bar type this and click Enter

"javascript:window.print();" (with out double quotes )

I hope this will work for you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Shidhin,
The only address bar on the screen when I am in mail is the address bar where you type in website addresses. I tried entering "javascript:window.print(); in that bar when I had an email on the screen. I then got the printer window but when I hit print, a blenk page a blank page came out. what am I doing wrong?

There will be some Problem with the Firefox browser and the Hotmail page. ( i mean it may not be fully compatible when there are some Frames in the web page )

please try to print the Email from Internet explorer and check whether you are having problem or not. if there is no problem, then it is the Firefox problem . i think they might have fixed this issue in their latest version

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Looks kike you are right. I can print from Explorer. There is a printer icon in explorer. Your last e-mail gave a link to paste into Hotmail. Could you give me some brief instructions on how to do this? I'm really bad at all this.

That is of sure the problem with Firefox. Please try to download the latest Firefox from this link.

else use the Internet explorer.

I hope this will solve the issue

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I found the solution myself:
I went to view
clicked on toolbars
clicked on customize
on the next screen a window appeared with a number of icons whitch could be dragged to the toolbar
there was an icon for the printer which I dragged to the toolbar
using the printer icon on the toolbar I can now print

I don't know how I lost the printer icon from the toolbar but this computer has not been used for six months since I only spent the summers at the location of this computer.

Thanks for your help,Customer