Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Experience:  Comptia A+ Certified Technician , with 8+ years Experience
16548393

I cannot get my Juno email. When I sign in for email the computer

I cannot get my Juno email. When I sign in for email the computer shows it's loading, but when it's done the screen is blank and the message at the bottom says "done but with errors on the page." This all started when Juno showed a new message center screen format about 2 weeks ago. Can you help? (FYI - I am leery about giving my credit card out online - so this may not work unless we can work something out for payment.)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer~!~Smile

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question today. Could you please tell me how long ago did this start happening? Also has anything new been added to your computer since this started happeing? Is Zone Alarm the only Anti-virus/firewall you have installed?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This started about 2 weeks ago. Nothing new added to the computer. Zone Alarm is the only anti-virus/firewall.
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Alright thank you for the quick reply. Could you please tell how do you normally try to login to your mail. Do you go to webmail.juno.com or do you just go to juno.com and sign in there?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I always went to email juno on the web and signed in there. That always worked until they introduced the new Juno Message Center. The webmail address is something new and I tried that too, as well as juno.com - nothing seems to work. I still get that same end result - a blank screen and the error message.
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Alright lets try to clear your temporary internet files and cookies:

1) Click start
2) Click run then type in inetcpl.cpl then push ok and the internet properties will open.
3) Now in the middle of the window click the delete button button like in the image below:
http://www.pctipstricks.com/pictures/MS-IE-7-Internet-Options-General-Browsing-history-Delete.jpg
Once you click the delete button you will have another window open that looks like the one below. Please click Delete files, Delete Cookies, and Delete History, then click close and then click ok. Then attempt to login to Juno again and let me know the results.
http://pcauthorities.com/images/IE7-delete-browsing-history.jpg
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The screen I got when I typed in inetcpl.cpl did not look like the one you showed - but I did go ahead and delete files, cookies and history. Still no luck getting the email. I get the login screen for juno and can type in my address and password XXXXX the screen says it's loading the email - it just doesn't bring it up.
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Alright if that doesn't work could you please tell me what version of internet explorer do you have? Please open internet explorer then click help at the top and click on about internet explorer then tell me the versio number.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Internet Explorer is version 6.0.
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Alright version 6.0 is old now as the latest version is 8.0. It is possible that when they updated there site it became uncompatible to version 6.0. I would recommend upgrading to 7.0 atleast or even getting the latest version 8.0. I will post links for you to download these. FIrst I need to know though is your computer 32 or 64 bit?

You can find this out by doing the following:
1) Click start
2) Right Click my computer and click on properties
3) If you look at the top it should say Microsoft Windows XP and a bunch of information let me know what service pack number you have such as "service pack 3" also let me know if it says 64 bit.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Service pack 3. Nothing about bits. (DEll Dimesion 5100 - Pentium (R) CPU - 2.80 ghz - 2.79 ghz - 1 GB RAM)
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Internet Explorer 7 link below:
http://mytinyurl.net/eb1f6b

Internet Explorer 8 link below:
http://mytinyurl.net/d46a80

Download one of them to update your browser and then try to access your email.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That took a little while, sorry. I downloaded and installed Internet Explorer 8. Tried to access juno email again but still no success. Just the blank screen.
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Alright I just did a little more research please do the following to your zone alarm:

If you have ZoneAlarm Pro installed
Adjust the security settings to allow Email on the Web to function properly:
  1. Open ZoneAlarm Pro, and click Privacy.
  2. Click Site List, and then click Add.
  3. Type juno.com in the field.
  4. Click the X under Persistent Cookie Control for juno.com.
  5. Set the cookie control to Allowed.
  6. Clear your browser's cache and log back in to Email on the Web.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have Zone Alarm Security Suite. It is not Zone Alarm Pro. The privacy site list is allowing all cookie control for juno.com - which is already there. There are three columns under cookie control - session, persistent and third party. If I put an X in persistent it will block that. Is that what you want me to do? The cache was cleared last Sunday but I can clear it again if you say so. I won't do anything till I hear back from you.

It's almost 5 o'clock where I am so I may not get back to this site until later tonight or possibly tomorrow morning. Don't give up on me if I don't get right back to you, OK? Thanks!!
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
I won't give up on you. Actually I will have to leave around 4:30 and won't be back till later also.

Yes the setting that I would like you to click the x under is definitely persistent cookie control for Juno.com if it's not already there then that maybe the issue from what is stated on the juno.com website

http://help.juno.com/support/webmail/u-symptoms.html
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Had a chance to check the computer and did what you said. Still no luck getting the email screen. I did have a thought - although it never was an issue before that I know of - the juno I have is an old dial-up program that was upgraded to a platinum version. The version I have is 4.0. If I go into the dial-up program, I can get the email. I don't do that anymore because I would lose messages whenever I did it - it was strange. Plus it's so much faster to use our DSL, I just stopped messing with it. The original dial-up was 8.95/month and the upgrade to platinum took me up to 9.95/month. Could this be a ploy to make me upgrade again?! That doesn't make sense, really - since I can get to my email when I'm at my computer at work. I just can't get it here at home!! My hubby can get his here at home - and he's still on the cheap 8.95 plan! It is a mystery. I'm done for today. I'll check your site sometime tomorrow from the office but might not get back to my computer until tomorrow evening. So far we have no answer - but I sure appreciate your patience! We'll keep trying?
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Having the 2 different plans will have no effect on weather or not your mail is going to work. So from what I understand you are saying that you and your husband use the same computer and he can access his email but you cannot, is that correct? if that is the case then it doesn't seem to be a computer issue it kinda would then seem like a problem with Juno..

Have you thought about trying a different web browser and seeing if it works. Or how bout using internet explorer with no addons please try the following:

1) Click start
2) Click all programs
3) Click accessories
4) Click system tools
5) Click internet explorer no add-ons and then try to access your email.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We have one computer at the house. We both use it, but we each have our own "side" and we log on and off our side when we use it. We've tried accessing my email thru his "side" but the same scenario occurs. Like I say - this was not an issue a couple of weeks ago - everything was fine. It all started when Juno changed to the new message center. Maybe it is a problem with Juno - but now I should mention that I can't get my work email at home either - and that's an AOL mailbox. The error message on that one says "mailbox not available due to temporary maintenance" and that has be happening for months now. I had hoped that if I could solve the Juno problem that it would also take care of the AOL problem. Silly me. I will try your most recent suggestion when I get home this evening. Thanks.
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
For Juno, i'm not sure what the issue is, I will get you some contact information for them to see if you can contact them to see what they have to say.

You can contact Juno Email Support by clicking the link below and entering your member ID and Password, then it will take you to a form to fill out some information on the problem you are having and you can submit it.
-->https://help.juno.com/s/pat?r=m-options&cf=ts

As far as AOL, this is a known issue that some emails are facing. Please try going to the basic webmail site and let me know if it then allows you to login without getting that error message:

Basic Webmail
-->http://basic.webmail.aol.com/

Weather that works or not send an email to [email protected] as this person works for AOL and has posted in many different forums stating that if you receive errors when trying to login to aol send her your screen name and the problem and she will troubleshoot it and get back to you with the solution, weather it was a problem on there end or not.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
SUCCESS!! This afternoon, my hubby called me at work and told me about a place on the Juno screen that you could click on to "return to classic Juno." I found it on my computer at work and clicked on it. I have just gotten home and - it worked!! I have my old Juno back and I can get my emails!! Amazing.

As for AOL, I took your advice and tried the basic webmail site - and that too has worked!! I think we have found the answer!!

I am going to hit the reply button so you know what happened. How do I then accept your answer? I'm not sure if I accept now if you will see this reply. So - send me one more messsage and I will accept and release the deposit to you. I hope that's how it will work. Thank you very much for your help!
Expert:  replied 7 years ago.
You are very welcome. I am so glad to hear that everything was a success! If you ever need anymore assistance in the future please let me know and I will be here to help.

To accept the answer you just need to hit the green accept button that should be next to the reply button. Thanks again, it was nice working with you!

Have a wonderful night Laughing