Brad
Brad, Computer Technician
Experience:  20 + years, cert. Win NT, xp, vista Windows 7, Net sec
669790

My Dell computer, registered to John W. Howell 76477-OEM-0011903-00102,

My Dell computer, registered to John W. Howell 76477-OEM-0011903-00102, uses Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3.

At the bottom of my credit-card transactions list online, there is a "View Statements" link. Clicking that link, I call up a long list of monthly statements, the top one being the most recent. When I click on any statement in the list, access is immediately blocked.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in unblocking access to these statements.

John W. Howell
Category: Computer
Expert:  Brad replied 5 years ago.
when you say blocked what do you mean?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is an immediate "bloop" that indicates access to my statements is not possible without some kind of modification.
Expert:  Brad replied 5 years ago.
when you highlight one of the statements, there is a link that should appear at the bottom of the browser that tells what the link is going to ask for. What does it say?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Beneath the "View Statements" link, there is a permanent message: "View your credit card statements with Adobe's free Acrobat PDF Reader". "Acrobat PDF Reader" is a link, and I think I have installed it, but I'm not sure.

No link appears as a result of highlighting one of the statements.
Expert:  Brad replied 5 years ago.
Click that link and get the adobe pdf reader. If you have it already it will tell you. If not then you need it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Brad,

I went through several steps to install Adobe 9.1, but finally received an error message that it could not be downloaded. I'm willing to try again later today and let you know the outcome.
Expert:  Brad replied 5 years ago.
Just get the adobe reader for the browser. That is the easiest and fastest It should be called adobe acrobat reader plugin
Brad, Computer Technician
Experience: 20 + years, cert. Win NT, xp, vista Windows 7, Net sec
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure why this the only problem I've ever had with Explorer, but I will determine how to access my statements, beginning with "Adobe Acrobat Reader Plugin." Working with you at Dell, my bank's Master Card account, and the browser, I'll solve the problem.

Thanks for all your time and suggestions.