mary
mary, Consultant
Experience:  MCA (Masters in Computer Application
18613681

i HAVE A GATEWAY MFATXPNT MDW 500XL PH4 COMPUTER THAT GOT HIT

i HAVE A GATEWAY MFATXPNT MDW 500XL PH4 COMPUTER THAT GOT HIT BY STORM. iT HAS A NEWTON POWER SUPPLY WITH THE FAN MOUNTED ON THE BOTTOM OF IT. iT ALSO HAS A TEST SWITCH. tHE FAN WORKED WHEN I PRESSED IT AND THE LIGHT ON THE MOTHER BOARD IS ON. IT WONT POWER UP WITH BUTTON ON THE FRONT. WILL A NEW POWER SUPPLY ALLOW ME TO FIX IT AND WHAT POWER SUPPLY CAN I USE TO REPLACE IT? THE SERIAL NUMBER ON THE COMPUTER IS XXXXXXXXXX i CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANY DEFINITIVE INFO ON THIS. IT CAME WITH 512 OF RAM AND PENTIUM 4 AT 2.6 GHZ. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO UPGRADE THE MEMORY BUT NOT SURE EXACTLY WHAT TO GET. THANKS
Category: Computer
Expert:  mary replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Please provide the serial number is XXXXX format XXXXX XXXXX spave between 5 digits so that i can pull the details of your gateway system

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the # XXXXX XXXXX 63110

The fans do come on when i use the test switch. wasn't sure if i said that or not. Thanks

Expert:  mary replied 7 years ago.
you need to call up MPCGateway as its a mcp profession segment computer which is not listed in the commercial website, however the parts will be available with gateway itself you need to call on this number

http://www.gateway.com/about/contactus/index.php

Please Click on ACCEPT Button to reward my time, If unsatisfied, please post your question again instead of giving NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Thanks and regards