Molinari
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified IT Guru since C-64 and Amiga, expert at grey areas....
16561526

How do I stop view.atdmt.com from loading. When I try to enter

How do I stop view.atdmt.com from loading. When I try to enter confidential info on a web site the nasty thinks loads on the ask.com bar? I have run Nortons360, Spyware Doctor and Webroot. None of the finds it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Molinari replied 7 years ago.

Try this:

Click start menu, select run, type regedit in search box

Click on computer to highlight it, on the menu at top of page click edit, scroll down to find and click it, type atlassolutions in the search box, in the menu that appears you will see a folder named atlassolutions.com, click on this and the values show up on the right side of the page, double click on each value shown and delete the values that show up in the box that comes up, when you finish this go back to the folder atlassolutions in the left column right click on it and select delete...

You will also see a folder above it named atdmt, delete its values in the same manner and then delete the atdmt folder.

Then In IE go to Tools, Internet Options, Programs.

Choose the Manage Add-on's button.

In the list that comes up, find CBrowserHelper under names and highlight it (the publisher should be Dell).

Then select "disable" in the "Settings" box on the bottom left side.

OK three times and close Explorer.

click start and then run ....Type %temp%

A folder will show up and it will have many temp files in it.

Now you don't see the file your looking for right now, so:
Click on view _-> select all and push your delete button.

Go to tools and then click on folder options.

Go to the view tab and go down to the radio button show hidden files and folders and select it.

Now you should see a file that says altasdmt or something like that. I want you to highlight that file and delete it also.

Now go back and reverse the hidden file types stuff and you should be good to go.

Or There are some successful removal tips here:
http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/432534-view-atdmt-com-spyware-removal.html
You may also want to download and update malwarebytes.
You can get it free from http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Once updated, reboot into Safe Mode (F8 at startup) and run a scan.
You should do this with your current antivirus product as well.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm running Vista, so I went to the start seach bar and typed regedit. I opened the registery editor, highlighted computer and did a search for atlassolutions. Nothing came up. Now what?
Expert:  Molinari replied 7 years ago.
Look for atdmt and continue through the rest....
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can't find atdmt when I run a search.
Expert:  Molinari replied 7 years ago.
Then keep going on to the next step....
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't use IE, I use Firefox, but I went out to IE and went into the manage add on and did not find Cbrowserhelper. I did disable ask.com twice. I then ran a search on the temp file to delete files. There are 3 files that will not delete DFB333.tmp, DFCD.tmp & DFF39C.tmp. Now I have two temp files will the same three files in them?
While waiting for you I did a advanced search everywhere on my computer for atdmt and atlassolutions and came up with nothing???
Expert:  Molinari replied 7 years ago.

Ok, those temp files are fine....

Disable the add on in firefox if it exists.....

How long has this been happening?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What add-on should I disable. Acrobat, I-Tunes, Java Platform SE6 U11, Meta Stream 3,
Mozilla, Quicktime or Shockwave. I already disable Ask.com, but I have to restart for it to take. It happened yesterday on a site and I thought it was just a fluke, but its happened a couple of times today. Its only when I enter personal info on some sites.
Expert:  Molinari replied 7 years ago.
Try a system restore to a day before it started, since it wasn't that long ago...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can I get back to you at a later time, if that doesn't work?
Expert:  Molinari replied 7 years ago.
Yes, I'll be around...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did restore and it seems to be working, but time will tell. I have Norton 360, Webroot Security and Window Washer how did I get this spyware and why didn't any of the above catch it?
Expert:  replied 7 years ago.

A website probably had a nasty popup window that didi it, make sure your virus definitions are up to date, and keep this handy:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Personally I use Kaspersky and have never caught as much as a sniffle let alone a virus....

At least it's working now!