Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Experience:  Comptia A+ Certified Technician , with 8+ years Experience

how do I stop old deleted emails reappearing in my inbox (

how do I stop old deleted emails reappearing in my inbox ( from 2007 / 2008)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer~!~Laughing

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question today. Could you please tell me what mail program you using such as MS outlook or Outlook Express.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
outlook express and hotmail
Expert:  replied 7 years ago.
Alright in outlook express, if you continue to get messages ending up in your inbox that have already been deleted it may be because your inbox or deleted items folder is corrupted. Do you have any messages in your inbox right now that you would like saved? The procedure that needs to be done to correct this issues requires the deletion of 2 files that will remove the inbox and deleted items folder temporary and then remake them when you re-open outlook express. If you have any messages right now in your inbox that you would like saved please create a new folder called saved and then move them messages to the saved folder. Once that is done please do the following:

1) With Outlook Express open click tools at the top and then click on options.
2) Now the options window is open, now click on the Maintenance tab at the top.
3) Now click on the store folder and another little window will open like the picture below, now "right click on C:\Documents and settings" then click select all, now right click on it again and click copy.
4) Once copied then click ok, and then click ok on the options window and close out of Outlook Express.
5) Now click on start and then click on run and in the white run box right click and click paste now click OK and a folder should open that looks like the image below:
6) Please right click on inbox.dbx and select delete
7) Now hit the red X at the top right to close that window
8) Now restart your computer and then reopen your Outlook Express and the issue should be resolved.