Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

my question mark and backslash key wont work. Can I fix it

Customer Question

my question mark and backslash key won't work. Can I fix it myself, as all of the other keys work.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jonathan T Computer Pro replied 5 years ago.
Hi Jewel,

Thank you for posting your question on JustAnswer. I am looking forward to assisting you with this question.

In order to further troubleshoot this issue, we will need to obtain some information about the problem that is occurring. To obtain this information, please answer the questions below:

1. What is the make/model of your computer?
2. Do you have a desktop or a laptop?
3. Did your question mark and backslash key work previously?

Please let me know if you have any questions about the information provided above.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a Sony laptop. The key worked fine until tonight. All of the other keys work. I am afraid to fool around with it because I don't want to do more damage.
Hi Jewel,

Thank you for your response. Do you have the exact make/model? I would like to research the exact layout of your keyboard to provide more detailed instructions to try to resolve this issue.

Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is a Sony notebook - model #PCG-L91L
Hi Jewel,

Thank you for the update. I could not find your exact model number and this is just a shot in the dark, but what I would like for you to do to try to resolve this issue is look on the keyboard and press the following key combination:

FN + num lock

Once you have done this, press the "?" character to see if it displays.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no it does not work
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you help me to fix the key. It was working fine until I tried to type something this evening. The Sony model number is: PCG-9L1L. I don't know if I should try to remove the key. I don't want to break it.
Hi Jewel,

This is definitely the extent of what I can think of for your particular issue. I am going to have to opt-out of this question to allow one of my coworkers to assist.

Good luck with getting this issue resolved!

Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well, I would really like a credit to my credit card. I realize you tried but the situation is not fixed.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well, I would really like a credit to my credit card. I realize you tried but the situation is not fixed. I would like my deposit refunded. I will take it to a store with a IT person right there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I would appreciate a response to my request of a refund.

Hi Jewel,

Sorry for the delay. I have requested a refund on your behalf. Good luck with getting your request resolved.

Thanks!