Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance

Why does my printer keep going offline and refusing to print

Why does my printer keep going offline and refusing to print unless I turn off my PC to reset the printer. Running Vista which came with the PC onnly starting happing a couple of months ago was working perfecting before then   Have tried downloading driver but have same error
Please try the steps below and let me know how it goes.

Swithch off the Printer

Open Control Panel from start menu then the printer folder right click on the printer Icon select Properties then delete all the print jobs in the que.

after that follow this.

1. Go to Programs and Features in Control panel > click Turn Windows features on or off

2. click + sign of Print services

3. Select LPD and LPR. You should remove Internet Printing Client. > restart your PC to ensure there is no error of spooler service.

4. Add your printer driver again if needed.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have tried options and restarted pc but is not printing and still showing offline
When it goes offline what do you try ??
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I look to check the setting. I have now managed to re-install and it is now printing. But his has been happening all along. Switching off PC is the onlu thing that works. Restarrting will not reset.

Hope things might has been resolved now. Only time will tell as it seems to go offline when machine goes to sleep.

Ok Thats great do you use a laptop or desktop?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
desktop but have wireless laptop which does not print although sharing printer. Just been able to see the printer but for some reason it stalls. Only worried about desktop as able to save files and print. Just asked PC to go to sleep and it still printed thanks for help