mary, Consultant
Experience:  MCA (Masters in Computer Application

I have a canon pixma iP4500 which stopped printing. The orange

I have a canon pixma iP4500 which stopped printing.   The orange light is flashing 5 times.   I have removed the print head once and put it back but this has made no difference.   Does this mean that it needs a new print head and if so what is the cost of a new print head
Category: Computer
Expert:  mary replied 7 years ago.
As you have described the error light flashing orange 5 times it indicates the print head problem.
Reseat the Print Head and ink tanks
remove the print head and try to clean it with the isopropyle alcohol all you need to do is drop the alcohol in the holes which head pulls the ink from the tanks after cleaning if no success then you have to replace the head.

here is the details of the printer head part # XXXXX price

Please Click on ACCEPT Button to reward my time, If unsatisfied, please post your question again instead of giving NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Thanks and regards