abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  B-Tech Topper in CSE from IIT Roorkee, Experience as S/W design Engineer at Microsoft India
16530347

My PIXMA MP600 have ERROR CODE 6A00 . Please give me

Customer Question

My PIXMA MP600 have ERROR CODE : 6A00 .

Please give me instructtions to repair. Thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  abhi_iitian replied 7 years ago.
Hi there,

This error code indicates a jam. The most common jam is a paper jam, which you can fix yourself by removing the cover and examining the internals for any stuck pieces of paper. They may be small from being torn and jammed through the machine, however it is likely there is one there. Your manual may give information on how to automatically clear a jam, however this does not always work. If you see any pieces of paper in the machine you will want to remove them and try again.

Also, There seems to be a considerable number of people who have encountered this error code on various Canon printers. Below is a forum you may want to read.
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/37440

From what I am gathering from the forum is that this is a mechanical error of some sort with the prime culprit being the print head / slider mechanism. I hope this printer is still under warranty as it may require service.

Below is a post from one of the forum participants who also have a MP500 and got the same error code:

"I have a Canon Pixma MP500 and I got the 6A00 error. Thank you guys so much for the help...very easy fix. When I moved the cartriges to the left that white thing attached to the spring underneath was stuck. I just pushed it toward the back of the printer and cleaned underneath it....LOTS of ink. It works great now. Canon should mention this in their manual and have it as one of the maintenance options that you can do. But hey of this was the case then they wouldn't make their $60 to fix the problem. A CAVEMAN CAN DO IT! Lol."
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can not find out any piece of paper jammed

Okay, could you try some of the suggestions given at :

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I could not understand your instructions on how to fix it. I had to buy a new printer.

I am sorry I could not help you. You could have told me if you had difficulty following me.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Under your instructions, I still cannot repair my Printer Canon PIxma MP600.

I am 83 years old . To avoid head ache , I already by a new printer .

Thank you ,

Customer

Okay. No problem.