David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience

cannot open my aol e-mail, nor can I open an new aol e-mail

cannot open my aol e-mail, nor can I open an new aol e-mail acct. Lost e-mail
earlier today..........nanadee
Category: Computer
Expert:  David L replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

First I need some additional information in order to better assist you.

Can you login to your AOL email ok?

Just to clarify, do you access and manage your email through your web browser?

Did you also clear the temp files in Internet Explorer?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Cannot log in to AOL mail........I am with Time Warner
high speed roadrunner......but kept aol e-mail account.
It was working up til around noon today..........
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I deleted all my temp files, cookies, etc.........
Expert:  David L replied 5 years ago.

Ok then when you cleared your temp files did you use the procedure below, clearing the Internet Explorer temp files?

1. Close all Internet browser windows that may be open on your computer.
2. Click the Start button, select Programs or All Programs, then click Internet Explorer.
3. Click the Tools menu, then click Internet Options.
4. On the General tab, in the Browsing history section, click the Delete button.
5. In the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Delete files button to clear the cache.
6. Click the Yes button to confirm.
7. In the lower right, click the Close button to close the Delete Browsing History window.
8. Click the OK button to close the Internet Options window.

Restart Internet Explorer.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
YES,I had done all that......I have called AOL and
my internet server Time Warner they both indicated
there was no problem on their end.......

Should I try and un-install AOL and then re-install?
Would I lose all my e-mail, addresses, etc?
Expert:  David L replied 5 years ago.

Since your email is located on the AOL servers and managed through your web browser you would not lose email but would have to configure the software again after installation.

With Internet Explorer open, click Help then About and let me know what version of Internet Explorer you are using.

To uninstall AOL:

1. Click Start then All Programs, thne click the AOL Uninstaller and choose to remove the AOL browser, and then click Change/Remove or Add/Remove.
2. Click Yes to search for all versions of the AOL software installed on the computer. If you are not prompted with the AOL Uninstaller window, click the Search for Other Versions of AOL link.
3. Select the versions of the AOL software to remove, and then click Uninstall. To keep personal data and settings for the AOL software you are uninstalling, check the Personal Data and Settings box.
4. Click Yes to start uninstallation.
5. If prompted to restart the computer, click OK.

To install AOL follow the instructions at the link below:

http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKCPopup&docType=kc&externalId=218219#third

David L, Systems Engineer
Experience: Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
INTERNET EXPLORER 7