Santonu
Santonu, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Diploma in Hardware

Everything on my screen has gone to huge. How do I get it back

Everything on my screen has gone to huge. How do I get it back to normal size? I have tried properties and it doesn't do anything. I do online school and I'm desperate to get my settings back to normal. please help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Santonu replied 5 years ago.

Please let me know the name of your operating system

Also tell me from when this problem started ?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is on my laptop that has microsoft xp. My laptop came unplugged and I didn't notice it until it went into hibernation. After that I plugged it back in and everything came back up HUGE.
Expert:  Santonu replied 5 years ago.
Please try the following first

Click Start- >Programs-> Accessories-> System Tools-> System Restore.

Click Next, select a date when your computer worked fine, click Next twice.

Wait for restore operation to complete. When it does, the computer will restart automatically

When it starts again, let me know the results

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The system restore did not work things are still the same. Customer
Expert:  Santonu replied 5 years ago.
Please right click on an empty area of your desktop, click Properties

Click on Settings tab

graphic

Let me know the settings under

Color quality

Screen Resolution

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
screen resolution is 800 and color quality is highest {32 bit}
Expert:  Santonu replied 5 years ago.
You mean the screen resolution is set to 800 by 600

If so, try to click and drag the slider for resolution to the right until it reads

1024 by 768

Now press Apply (you can also press Alt + A)

If you see the picture, click Yes

Otherwise, wait for 15 seconds, the settings will be automatically restored

Let me know

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well everything fits on the page now but it looks pretty tiny. I don't know if it is because it was so big before but it moved my recycle bin to the left and up
Expert:  Santonu replied 5 years ago.
Yes it will look a little tiny for a while.

Open your MS Word and let me know if you see everything properly now

Santonu, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Diploma in Hardware
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you thank you thank you. I was really in a panic. things are a little small but I can deal with that. You have been a life saver. Or at least a grade saver!!
Expert:  Santonu replied 5 years ago.
Best of luck with your studies.

Thanks for using Just Answer

Regards