Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

gateway LX6810-01 TV desktop Do I need a IR remote

Customer Question

gateway LX6810-01 TV desktop
       Do I need a IR remote sensor or can I connect the IR control cable direct to the back of the computor. I have cable and I get the picture and sound in the media center but when I hit next it says no IR hardware found for remote control signal?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mike B replied 7 years ago.

I have heard of a lot of connectors being color coded on the back of the computer, but I've never heard of the remote control box's cable connector to be color coded, since the connector is just a USB connector. There should be at least 4 of these USB connectors on the back of the computer, you should be able to plug the cable from the IR device into any of them... When you do, the computer should recognize it and automatically install the drivers for it.

If this doens't work, could you take a picture of the back of your tower and upload the picture to Wikisend will give you a Download Link that you have to copy/paste into a Reply here, so that I can take a look at it.

Mike B.