Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.

I have a canon pixma mp800 printer how do I scan a document

Customer Question

I have a canon pixma mp800 printer how do I scan a document onto my pc which I can then attach to a email

Thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
  1. Place a document face-down on the platen glass.

(Memo)
    Place a scanning side facing down on the platen glass.
    Align a document with the arrow (the alignment mark), which is at the bottom right corner of the platen glass
    .

2. Launch MP Navigator.
    1. On the Windows desktop, double-click the 'MP Navigator 2.0' icon.
    2. Alternatively, in the Windows taskbar, click 'Start', click '(All) Programs', 'Canon Utilities', 'MP Navigator 2.0' folder, then 'MP Navigator 2.0' icon.

3. Click 'Scan Photo/Document'.
    The Scan Photo/Document window will be displayed.

4. In Document Type drop-down, select the document type to be scanned.

Color Photo

Select this to scan color photographs.

Black and White Photo

Select this to scan black and white photographs.

Color Document

Select this to scan color documents.

Black and White Document

Select this to scan black and white documents.

Text(OCR)

Select this to scan text documents.

Magazine(Color)

Select this to scan color magazines.

(Memo)
Select Text(OCR) if you want to convert image data of original handwriting or printed letters to text data using the OCR software.

(Note)
If Magazine(Color) is selected, Descreen scan setting is automatically checked. Descreen is a function of the driver to reduce the moire effect and will increase scan time.
To change the automatic setting, click 'Specify' and deselect 'Descreen' in the Scan Settings window.

1. If necessary, click 'Specify' to change other settings.

2. After the settings are selected, click 'Scan'.

3. At the Scan Complete window, perform one of the following:
    1. Load the next document to scan and then click 'Scan'.
    2. To complete the scan, click 'Exit'.

4. The preview of the scanned image will be displayed when the scanned job is finished.

5. Click on the appropriate button from the following options to complete scanned process.

* Save
    * Copy
    * Print Photo
    * Send
    * Edit/Convert

This guide can be found here