Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer, Microsoft
Experience:  approx 20 years of experience from software to hardware design
5195814

can i hook up my home computer to my wireless printer at the

Customer Question

can i hook up my home computer to my wireless printer at the same time i have it hooked up to my laptop
Category: Computer
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

HI,

Can you tell us in a little more detail what you are wishing to do?

What model is your printer and how is it currently connected?

Let us know.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it is a dell v505w printer and my laptop is dellxps model # XXXXX and my home computer is a dell computer so my question is can i hook up the home computer to my wireless printer to or just the wireless i already have the laptop hooked up to it thank you marilyn
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Ok,

I think I understand, The way everything should work is that all of your devices connect to the same 2wire connection so that everything connects through your wireless network.

You should not have to connect to the 2wire then connect seperately to the printer.

If this makes sense let me know so I can help you set everything up.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i don't think you quite under stand what i am asking what i want to know is can a regular home computer also be hooked up to the wireless printer at the same time as my laptop i wont use them both at the same time of course , but i was wondering only if i can do that i dont need help hooking it up i just want to know if i can do that without screwing everything up
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Sorry to take so long to reply but you accidentaly opted me out of the question which locked me out.

Now, The simple answer is yes you can, Theoreticaly you could hook up as many machines as you want to the printer atthe same time it is connected to the wireless, it just depends on how many connections the printer has.

Yo ucan connect multiple machines via wireless and connect the printer directly via USB at the same time, It wont hurt a thing.

Also when you connect multiple machines via different methods they will work together so that if you print for 2 or more machines at the same time they will all take their turn and print.

Does this answer your query?

Thanks