Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Experience:  Comptia A+ Certified Technician , with 8+ years Experience
16548393

my internal mic says unplugged. How do i fix this

Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer~!~Laughing

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question today. Could you please tell me what version of windows you are running, is it windows xp or vista, also when did this problem start happening?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Ryan. I have vista Toshiba p105-s4167. Yesterday my mic worked. Today it would not. I went into control panel and did the update driver button in there. It did not and the sound quit. So i unistalled the new driver. The sound now works but the internal mic still does not work.

thank you

sharon

Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
ok the first thing I would like to try is a system restore to see if that resolves the issue. Have you added any new programs since yesterday after the mic stopped working?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i added just a few minutes ago a driver detective it ran a scan but i didnt pay to get it to install anything. Before it quit working yesterday and this morning i didnt download anything.

Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
ok, if we do a system restore you will lose the program driver detective because we will be restoring the system settings back to yesterdays day when you didn't have that program. Would you still like to continue with that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

heck yea

Expert:  replied 5 years ago.
Ok please do the following.

1) Click the globe at the bottom left to bring up the start menu
2) Click all programs
3) Click accessories
4) Click system tools
5) Right click system restore and click run as administrator, if you don't have that open then just click open, now you should have a window that looks like below:
systemrestore2
6) See what the date is for recommended restore if it's 2 days ago keep the dot there and click next and then next again. If the date is today or yesterday then click choose a differenet restore point and click one that is 2 days ago then click next and next again and the restore should start automatically and your computer should reboot once booted back up it should say restore successful and you can see if the issue is resolved.

If the issue is not resolved please let me knowLaughing
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Experience: Comptia A+ Certified Technician , with 8+ years Experience
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok ryan im not sure if ur getting my reply. The mic says currently unavailable now after the system restore.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Ryan. Well after another restart the in control panel the mic says its working and the wave out and line in say currently unavailable. The mic will not wor when i test it on skype. let me know what u think will make the mic work.

thanks

sharon

Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the quick reply, sorry for my delayed response. Could you please give me the make/model of your computer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is toshiba satellite p105-s6147
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ryan. My mic miraculously has started working. Thank u. I guess there is nothing leftfor u to do at this point. It is a little static tho.
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
oh really, I was just about to have you uninstall the driver and re-download it from the Toshiba Support Site. Well glad it's working for you. Sorry it took me some time for my responses. If you need more assistance in the future please let me know