Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Professional computer engineer working as systems developer with top multinational company.

Im sighning into my skype account from another computer. I

I'm sighning into my skype account from another computer. I somehow cannot get into my chat history from here
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 7 years ago.

The chat history of Skype is stored in the Harddisk of your computer rather that in the Server, so the answer is simple, you can't retrieve your chat history from any other computer.

The location of the history folder for skype is this: \Documents and Settings\{win username}\Application Data\Skype\{skype username}\

Hope this info helps.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what does it mean.....I can't retrieve that info at all
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 7 years ago.
You can only retrieve the chat history while using the computer where the chat logs are saved. Else you need to backup the chat history into a removable media and get it tranferred to the new computer, but this is not always possible due to compatibility issues and also because the chat history is encrypted.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I had registered on pc and now have mac
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 7 years ago.
If you still have the original computer where you saved the chat logs and if it is unaltered(not formatted or deleted) and the chat logs are still there, you may retrieve them.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the thing is I do but it is not here with there is no way I can see my chats or the history or even call friends from this computer if I registered on a different one!
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 7 years ago.

You can't see the chat or history, but after you log in to your account you can call your friends.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok thanks!!!