mary, Consultant
Experience:  MCA (Masters in Computer Application

Hello Im trying to upload video from my Canon GL2 to imovie

Customer Question

I'm trying to upload video from my Canon GL2 to imovie on my macbook using a firewire however imovie and my mac does not recognise the camera. The camera is set to VCR Play and connected via firewire.

Do you know what the problem might be?
Category: Computer
Expert:  mary replied 7 years ago.
Hi, you need to install the Canon GL2 driver for mac on you mac machine then only it will recognize the camera. in inbult list of drivers must not be haveing the correct driver in mac that is the reason it cannot pick the camera.

Download the driver from this link.
Expert:  mary replied 7 years ago.
Here is the driver straight from the canon website

First download the compressed images to your PC ( or MAC (filename.sit). Copy the files to a temporary folder. Double click on the file to self-extract the templates.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This page brought up an error message so trying to find driver myself right now. I'll check that this solves the problem once its downloaded and then get back to you.

There is no available driver for Mac OSX so downloading Mac OS8 now however I have been able to import to this mac without the driver in the past.
Expert:  mary replied 7 years ago.
Try to opent the link one more time it should open as there is some problem with the website itself