Travis B.
Travis B., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of experience in troubleshooting computer problems. A+ Computer Maintenance and Repair
16569391

everytime I try to logon the internet it just says click.w3i.com

everytime I try to logon the internet it just says click.w3i.com as the address and it won't go anywhere
Category: Computer
Expert:  Travis B. replied 7 years ago.
HeyCustomer

Do you have DSL or Dialup?

Travis B.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

dsl

Expert:  Travis B. replied 7 years ago.
From what I can tell that sounds like something on the computer that when you click to go online it comes up to click.w3i.com in the address bar is that correct?

If that is the case, what is your homepage set at, it maybe set to something such as google or yahoo. Just make sure it's not in there. This normally happens when you add software to the computer, such as desktop screen savers or toolbars.

Please go to:

Start
Control Panel
Make sure your on Classic View
Add/Remove Programs

Make sure there isn't any unwanted programs such as desktop screen savers or toolbars, they will have funny names..if you need help figuring out which ones to remove please let me know, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile

Travis B.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

is there any other advice in case that doesn't work

Expert:  Travis B. replied 7 years ago.
If none of that work's then you have some soft of sypware on the computer, that can be removed with Spybot Search and Destroy. (free program and very good)

If you have any questions please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile

Travis B.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I already ran my anti virus and deleted all the toolbars, still not working.
Expert:  Travis B. replied 7 years ago.
Not antivirus, Antispyware, if you don't have Spybot Search and Destroy on the computer I would advise to download it and then run it, you will be very superised about how many things it will find on the computer.

Travis B.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I cant download spybot i have no access to the internet

Expert:  Travis B. replied 7 years ago.
Your going to have to download and save it to a Cd or Flash drive using another computer.

Please read this:

http://forums.mozillazine.org

Travis B.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok kool thanks man, I'll pay you now