Brandon M.
Brandon M., Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Currently an IT Manager for law firm. Work with Exchange, Blackberries, MS Office daily
12024030

my acomdata external harddrive is not being recognized by my

Customer Question

my acomdata external harddrive is not being recognized by my computer. blue light flashes on ,then again then a steady red light
Category: Computer
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.

It sounds as if your external drive's life has came to an end. If it doesn't work in another computer either, that is even more evidence of the failure. If you want to replace the drive, I can give you a recommendation.

Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I need to get the information off the drive
Have you tried the drive with another computer? We need to verify that the drive is actually dead.

If it is, there are recovery services to retrieve data from the drives but they are very costly. If you would like information on these services, I can get it for you.

Brandon
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have tried the external on two different computers with the same results. the only difference is if I plug it into a usb 1.0 the computer will recognize the external only in the device manager it wont show up in "my computer"
Hmmm. You should consider replacing the enclosure with a new one. You can browse around here for a new external enclosure. http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=92&name=External-Enclosures if you need help choosing one, I can help you make a decision. Sometimes the external enclosure fails eventhough the harddrive inside is still in great working order.

Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes please suggest an enclosure for my acomdata pure drive
I would recommend using this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817173043

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks