Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster, Consultant
Experience:  MICROSOFT PC SAFETY, WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE, WINDOWS GENUINE, & I.T. SPECIALIST
16299369

My acer laptop wont boot up. It says, check cable connect

Customer Question

My acer laptop won't boot up. It says, check cable connect pxe-mof. Exit entel pxe-rom no bootable device, insert bootable device. There is no place to insert any device.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anthony Brewster replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Is sounds like the hard drive is not being reconized. Please access your BIOS and try to set the settings back to Default and save and exit and see what happens. Also, make sure your hard drive is listed in the BIOS.

Are you running XP or Vista?

Thanks!

NOTE: To access your bios, it is either DEL key, F1 or most of the time its F2. So turn on the computer and keep tapping F2 until you have your BIOS...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing is happening Anthony. I'm getting the same message again.
Did you go into your BIOS and was you able to reset it to default? Did you check to make sure your hard drive was listed there? If you dont know how then let me know...

:)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I went to f1 and f2 like you said and it did nothing but gave me the same info again. No bootable device, etc.
<p>it could be the delete key as well now make sure when you first turn on the computer, you dont just press it , you tap it and keep tapping it, like this</p><p> </p><p>F2, F2, F2, F2, F2, F2 over and over until you see the BIOS... Each laptop is different but im sure F2 should be it...</p><p> </p><p>:)</p>
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay Anthony, that's what I'm doin. I'm actually looking at the manual and it's telling me the exact same thing that you are I just can't get it to bring up BIOS. I'll keep trying it though.
Thats strange. It sounds like you have an Acer System from what you stated in your question. You may have some hardware failure issues and may need to call your OEM Tech Support to see what they advise...

:)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would you know how I contact them...I can't find a contact number for anyone at all. My system is an Acer Aspire One Series.
Sure. Here you go. This is the Acer Tech Support Phonne Number I found...

1-800-816-2237

BEST OF LUCK! GOD BLESS!!!

:)
Anthony Brewster, Consultant
Experience: MICROSOFT PC SAFETY, WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE, WINDOWS GENUINE, & I.T. SPECIALIST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for all of your help....I hope this works.
Your Welcome! If you still need help, you know where to find us!

:)