Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Experience:  Comptia A+ Certified Technician , with 8+ years Experience

OUTLOOK 2007 KEEPS FREEZING UP reg cure does not fix itI have

OUTLOOK 2007 KEEPS FREEZING UP reg cure does not fix itI have to restart computer to get it to work again
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer~!~Laughing

My name is XXXXX XXXXX X would like to assist you with your question today. Could you please tell me when the problem start happening. Also do you know what the remote technician did? Just to make sure I know whats happening, tell me if i'm correct, you can have internet explore and outlook open at the same time but if you switch between the applications everything freezes up?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Only the microsoft outlook freezes up windows is ok
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
alright thank you for the reply. Could you please tell me when the problem started happening and if you know what the remote technician did?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It started about 3 weeks ago...I don't know what the remote people did but they did say my virus protection was not doing its job so they uninstalled it and put on AVG
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
Alright thank you for the quick reply again. Could you please tell me if you have any other virus software on your computer other then AVG(Avg is virus protections and spyware protection but it lacks on the spyware side) It's always good to have a secondary anti-spyware program such as spybot search and destory, or malwarebytes, do you know if you have one?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I also have Anti-malware and CC Cleaner and reg cure (none of them work:))
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
alright thanks for that information. Could you please tell me what else is running on your computer when outlook freezes up, anything else besides internet explore and outlook? Also has anything new been added to your computer within the last 3 weeks that might have caused this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nothing else running except the internet ...no I haven't added anything
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
Alright, the first thing that I would like you to do is run the system file checker to see if anything is corrupted that might be causing outlook to freeze up. If something is corrupted then it will replace the file with a clean one.

Please do the following:
  1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator, you may be prompt with a screen asking you to continue, click continue then a black window will popup.
  2. When the black window pops up, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow
    The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
Let me know the results after that scan is complete
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok it is scanning now
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
alright great, keep me posted.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of th
em.
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

C:\Windows\system32> I DONT KNOW IF THE SCAN HAS FINISHED?

Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
Did you run the scan with or without your windows vista disk in?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
without
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
Ok, if you have your windows vista disk put it in then run the scan again and see if it can fix the corrupted files.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have to find the disks first, cant remember where I put them. Do you think this has a chance of working as outlook is not included on the disk?
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
yes very much so, if there are corrupted files on the computer that are windows system files it could very much have an affect on outlook. Once that disk is put in, the disk should have the original system files on it, and the system file checker should be able to fix the corrupt files....if not there are a couple of things we can try.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry to take so long I have been in the attic looking for my disks but cant find them as yet...can you come back to me tomorrow , I know they are somewhere
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
NO problem, no need to be sorry. i'll be available till 4:30 today and from 8-4:30 tomorrow as well.
There is one other thing we can try.
with having corrupt files that SFC could not repair, we can go to the CBS.log file to find out which particular files are damaged and could not be fixed (C:\Windows\Log\CBS\CBS.log). The CBS.log file can be very large and filled with months of log data. Scroll rapidly to the last portion where you’ll find the dated log files from your SFC scan you just did. Once SFC has identified the corrupt files, write down their names and path locations so that we can use them in the next step.

Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator, you may be prompt with a screen asking you to continue, click continue then a black window will popup. When the black window pops up, type the following command takeown /f Path_And_File_Name------->For example, type takeown /f E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll.
  2. Now type the following command, and then press ENTER to grant administrators full access to the file:
    icacls Path_And_File_Name /GRANT ADMINISTRATORS:F
    For example, type icacls E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll /grant administrators:F.
  3. Now type the following command to replace the file with a known good copy of the file:
    Copy Path_And_File_Name_Of_Source_File Path_And_File_Name_Of_Destination
    For example, type copy E:\temp\jscript.dll E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll.
That maybe a bit difficult if it looks complicated don't sweat it, we can try something different, juet let me knowLaughing
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I hope I will be able to find my disks...how do I get back to you tomorrow?
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
Just go to www.justanswer.com and login and it will bring you right back to me and your question. If you can't find the disk like I said there are a couple of things we can try.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have found the disks now....if I run the disk again will I loose what is on my computer?
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
you can run the sfc scannow again and you shouldn't lose anything.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi thanks for your answer...it hasn't solved the problem...but you did try very hard so I will accept cos you deserve to be paidMoney mouth
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much for accepting, I'm not completely finished though hehe, I will continue to try and resolve the issue. Just curious I know you said this problem is happening with Microsoft Outlook, and you are on a windows vista computer, have you thought about trying to use Windows Mail?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi....I use outlook because I update two websites and the enquiries come through to outlook.....never mind I have had this computer for a year so it's probably time to get a new oneWink that's the only time you get good service when you are about to spend money. That's the way of the world just ask a politician!
Expert:  replied 5 years ago.
I don't mind continuing to assist you, the previous solutoins didn't work but there are other things we can attempt if you would like to continue on. The corrupted files might not be able to be repaired because windows is running and the files are in use. please do the following:

sfc /scanonce
    The sfc /scanonce command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions, it does this the next time you reboot your computer, it runs the scan before windows starts.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Experience: Comptia A+ Certified Technician , with 8+ years Experience
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok thank you. , I will try this later and let you know if it works.....thanks again
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 5 years ago.
Your welcome, keep me updated and let me know if it resolves the issue please. Have a wonderful day.