abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  B-Tech Topper in CSE from IIT Roorkee, Experience as S/W design Engineer at Microsoft India
16530347

I seem to have lost the E drive on my laptop

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  abhi_iitian replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer.

I and other experts will try to solve your problem. Could you help us by providing the following information :

What is your OS ? Windows xp or Vista ?
How long has this been happening ?
Could you elaborate your problem as to what drive is this ? Is this a regular hard drive or a cd/dvd or removable drive ?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Abhi

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK i am using windows XP, and it's my E drive I have lost, I have my C drive and my D drive I cannot put a CD into the slot of my acer laptop as it will not recognise it and when I go to my computer the E drive does not show, anmd this had been happening for about 2 weeks
So, this is basically the cd drive we are talking about.

Click start, run devmgmt.msc , do you see any yellow exclamation marks ?
From your already tried section, I see there is a yellow mark. Please do the following :

Go to the link below :

1) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
2) Allow it to fix it automatically, on that page, click the Fix this problem link. Then, click Run in the File Download dialog box and follow the steps in this wizard.
3)If you have problems running fix it, do the manual method involving deletion of filters from registry

The problem should be fixed.

If the problem is not solved, go to device manager.Go to subcategory of your cd drive.Right click on it.Then uninstall.

Restart your computer.If you dont find your dvd drive go to device manager,action and scan for hardware changes.The problem should be solved.

Abhi
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

OK I will accept ypur answer and pay but how do I contact you if it does not work?

The conversation will be open here at

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/22vjn-seem-lost-e-drive-laptop

You can keep replying here as long as your problem is not fixed.

Abhi