lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.
16528259

How do I recall a sent e-mail message in Hotmail?

Category: Computer
Expert:  lifesaver replied 5 years ago.
Hi Customer,
It would be impossible for you to check back your sent email if you havenot enabled the save sent messages option.Please check your sent folder.

If they are not present you havenot enabled it and i am sorry to say this but you cant recall it.Often a tech has to be the bearer of the bad news.

But you can be careful in future.

To make Windows Live Hotmail keep copies of your sent mail:

• Select Options | More Options... from the Windows Live Hotmail toolbar.
  • Follow the Save sent messages link under Customize your mail.
  • Make sure Save all sent messages in the Sent items folder is selected.
  • Click Save.

To keep a copy of a message you send with MSN Hotmail:

• Make sure the checkbox next to Copy Message to Sent Folder is selected when you compose the message.

This setting is not saved by MSN Hotmail, so you have to select the checkbox every time you send a message and want it saved to the Sent Messages folder.

Also, keep in mind that MSN Hotmail automatically deletes messages older than 30 days from the Sent Messages folder. If you intend to keep the messages you sent, you have to move them to a different folder.

Also consider opening a new account in gmail.It saves your sent messages automatically.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
All my sent messages are in the Sent folder. But your answer doesn't tell how I can recall these messages.
Expert:  lifesaver replied 5 years ago.
Well if they are in the sent folder just click on the selected message to view it.
Thats all.Or what exactly do you mean by recall?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I want to get the message back as you can in Outlook and if they haven't read it, you can just delete the sent message. If they already opened it, it's too late. Outlook sends the recipient a message that you want to recall the message and they can acquiesce. Then it isn't read.

I'm nearly positive this recipient hasn't read these messages yet.

Expert:  lifesaver replied 5 years ago.
Well i am sorry tp say this but this feature isnot supported in hotmail or for the same reason in any other contemporary mail providers.

You can go through the link below to check this fact and why it is possible in outlook but not in hotmail.

CLICK LINK!

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.