Molinari
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified IT Guru since C-64 and Amiga, expert at grey areas....
16561526

I need to find all pictures on computer exclude duplicates

I need to find all pictures on computer exclude duplicates and arrange in date order. Is there some kind of software that will do this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Molinari replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

When you say exclude duplicates, do you need to delete them as well?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, I can delete them if they are together, my pictures are a mess they are in all kinds of folder & places I just want some thing to go in find all my pictures so I can get them in one place, list duplicates so I can delete (I have a lot of duplicates that are taking space)
Expert:  Molinari replied 5 years ago.

Picasa will fill the bill, personally I've lost all hope, I have upwards of 300,000 photos aging back as far as 1986.....

http://picasa.google.com/

It's free! This will sort them anyway you want.......

You know how insane google is with their software, I believe you can even tie in picasa to google earth as well.....

Here's a little info on sorting with picasa:

Sort by the following options:

• Creation date: Sort the list of folders and albums by the date they're created, from newest to oldest.
  • Recent changes: Sort the list according to the folders and albums containing the most recent changes.
  • Size: Sort the list by the amount of hard drive space taken up folders and albums, from the most amount of space used to the least amount of space used.
  • Name: Sort the list alphabetically.

You can also access the sorting options by clicking the pull-down arrow menu in the button bar above your folder list, next to the folder structure buttons.

Sort photos

To adjust the way your photos are sorted within a folder or album, please take the following steps:

1. From the folder list, click on the folder or album that you'd like to re-order.
  2. Click the Folder menu or the Album menu.
  3. Select Sort by.
  4. Choose to sort your photos by the following options: name, date, or size.

To change the order of your photos manually, you can also drag and drop photos to your desired location.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What if I already have piccasa, can it find all pictures that are not in picasa? How do I do that? Thanks for you answer I will be accepting thanks again.
Expert:  replied 5 years ago.

Yeah it will find every picture you have on your hard drives, I've never used it for that internet stuff.....

When you first install it, it scans folders on your hard drive and displays any detected photos. These folders, along with the customized albums you create, make up the organization of your photos within Picasa. Within your folders and albums, Picasa displays icons on your images to help you quickly see which photos have been uploaded, marked as a favorite, geo-tagged, and more.

Folders

Folders represent actual directories on your computer's hard drive that contain photos. Changes you make to folders in Picasa affect corresponding folders on your computer's hard drive. For example moving a photo from one folder to another in Picasa will also move the photo in Windows Explorer (Windows).

It even found those damn demo sample photos that come with windows....

On the left are the actual picture folders:

graphic

Now that I fired it up, you got me playing with it.....

If you hit tools and folder manager you get the option of adding, deleting or updating folders....

graphic

Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Certified IT Guru since C-64 and Amiga, expert at grey areas....