Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

Compaq Presario, NTLDR is missing. What is this

Customer Question

Compaq Presario, NTLDR is missing. What is this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Molinari replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

What operating system are you using?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the host machine is e-machines W3650 using Windows XP Home Office Edition. I need to know how to download updated drivers for the Compaq Presario 1256 laptop onto a disk using the e-mach without corrupting my that I can upgrade the Presario..Do I put them into a temporary folder, then burn onto a cd? or will it install onto my e-machines instead?
Expert:  Molinari replied 7 years ago.

You can download them to the emachine and burn them to a cd, then put the cd in to the presario and install from cd, they won't install on the emachine unless you double click the file, so that is no worry.

Expert:  Barun replied 7 years ago.

I guess the other expert didn't address your initial issue regarding the missing 'NTLDR' message you were getting at bootup, so let's take it further from here, please download the following ZIP file in another system:

Extract the ISO file present, then burn it to a CD/DVD. Insert the CD/DVD in the affected system thereafter and boot up using the same; your system should boot the disc and fix the NTLDR issue thereafter.

Note - If the system doesn't boot up using the disc, press F1/F2 (or whatever specified) at the boot screen in order to get to the BIOS setup menu, and set your CD/DVD drive as the first boot device in the boot order, save the settings and check how you get on accordingly.

Let me know how you get on.