Santonu, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Diploma in Hardware

I have a Acer Aspire 5000 and i need to know what video card

I have a Acer Aspire 5000 and i need to know what video card came with it. I need to replace it.
Please advise.

The model number suggest that the Graphics Processor for your computer is SiS Mirage .

Before trying anything else, try to connect an external monitor to the VGA port and then start the computer. You may need to press Fn + F5 to switch to external display.

If you see the same problem then there can be some problem with the Graphics Chip.

But I think the Graphics Chip is integrated into the motherboard in your computer, and there is no separate video card.

Please let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried hooking up a seperate monitor and it works fine. The video card is intergrated with the motherboard so what do you think is the problem. Thanks
Sorry for the delay. There can be some problem with the following:

1. Defective Inverter Board
2. Loose connection between the video cable and LCD screen. Try reconnecting the cable.
3. Defective video cable. Try replacing the cable.
4. Defective LCD screen. You’ll have to replace the LCD screen.

The following link will provide some idea. (Although it is for a different make/ model number, but the principles will be the same)

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for feed back. I will continue trying all the things you mentioned and i will fix it. Thanks again for your advice.
                                              Bill W

Thanks for using Just Answer