Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

I have a Lexmark X6650 that is2 months old and I had a paper

Customer Question

I have a Lexmark X6650 that is2 months old and I had a paper jam on Monday, 4/20,. I have been able to get the majorityof the paper out but the indicator says it is out of paper. How to I check the bottom of the machine to ensure it is all out
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
If the indicator says out of paper make sure there is some paper in all of the trays. As for clearing a paper jam please do the following.

To clear the jam message and resume printing, follow the directions below to locate and remove the jammed page. NOTE: If the print job consisted of more than one page, check and clear the entire paper path.

Step Action Image
1 Remove the 'Tray 1' paper tray. (See right-hand images for illustrations involving this procedure.)
Click here for a larger image.
2 Remove any jammed paper you see here.
Click here for a larger image.
3 Open the front door, and then remove the photoconductor kit and toner cartridge.
Click here for a larger image.
4 Look inside the printer. Remove any jammed paper you see there. In addition, locate the green guide tab at the front of the printer and lift it. Confirm there is no jammed paper under the tab.
Click here for a larger image.
5 Open the rear door of the printer. Remove any jammed paper you find in this back area of the printer.
Click here for a larger image.
6 Once you have confirmed that the entire paper path is clear, close the rear door. Reinstall the photoconductor kit and toner cartridge, and then close the front door. Reinstall Tray 1.
7

Press Continue () and try printing again.

NOTE: If the Jam Recovery setting is set to 'On,' the printer will print out a new copy of the page that jammed. If Jam Recovery is set to 'Off,' then the printer will not reprint the jammed page. The factory default setting for Jam Recovery is 'Auto,' which means the printer will reprint the jammed page if enough printer memory is available.

If the jamming continues

If the paper jam message continues, see if the numeric error code remains the same or if it has changed to a new number.

• If the error code has changed to a new number, the printer has detected a page jammed elsewhere in the printer. Use the table below to help locate the jammed page.

Error Code Location in the printer
231 Open the front door and rear door again.
233 Remove the 'Tray 1' paper tray and look behind the green guide tab. If no jammed page is found, open the front and rear doors again.
234

Open the rear door again. If no jammed page is found, remove the 'Tray 1' paper tray and look behind the green guide tab.

235 Examine the standard exit (output) bin.
240-249 Remove the 'Tray 2' paper tray. If no jam is found, remove the 'Tray 1' paper tray.
250, 251 Open the multipurpose feeder door. If no jammed page is found, open the front door and remove the photoconductor kit and toner cartridge.
290-295
  • -Open the automatic document feed (ADF) cover, then remove the separator roll.
  • -Open the flatbed scanner cover.
  • -Remove the ADF tray.
    • If the same error code continues to occur, try the following.
    • - Confirm that the entire paper path is clear of all jammed paper and paper fragments.
    • - Make sure the paper/print media is properly loaded into the paper tray, including:
      • Confirm that the paper stack does not pass the 'max fill line' indicator on the tray.
      • Confirm that the paper support guides on the tray are set in the correct position. The support guides should lightly rest against the paper stack, preventing the stack from shifting while not binding the paper.
      • Do not mix different sizes or types of paper in the same tray.

NOTE:
        For more detailed tray loading instructions, refer to the printer's User's Guide.
    • - Remove the paper trays and check for a sheet of paper that might be jammed behind the trays.
    • - Try printing on plain copy paper if you are not already doing so. Please try this even if the print media you are using has worked in the past. Certain specialty media are more difficult for the printer to feed, and they can increase the chances of jamming.
    This information can be found here: Click Here
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.
    Like i said, i have a X6650 desktop that prints, copies, faxes, and does photo. I don't all the items you said to do. That was for a large floor type machine.
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.
    Here it is Friday, April 24, and the only answer I receive is for a lexmark that is not the model I asked about, ie,X6650. How about someone with real knowledge about this particular model. Thanks
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.
    Sunday, 26 Apr, I am sorry my question concerning my lexmark x6650, is so difficult to answer..Evidently, you all have hi-end printers with dedicated printer folks to maintain. I guess if they built them so a low lifer like me could clear a simply paper jam without dismantling my whole machine it would be great. Without a simple fix, the next best solution is to invest in a more reliable machine, without breaking the bank. I guess I GOT a ten cent answer for my $9.00 question for the wrong machine. Thanks for your help.