Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.

my lexmark printer wont work, when I turn it on the green

my lexmark printer won't work, when I turn it on the green light just keeps flashing.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What model is it? I only see the brand name

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my lexmart is a all for one x1270
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
Ok please uninstall the printer and any printer software from the computer
Then restart the computer
Then download and install this: Click Here
Then restart the computer one more time
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know what happened, it started to download and install and than wouldn't go all the way but it says when I go to control panel and printers that I do have one and the light has quit blinking??
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
Ok it may have been aligning itself
Click on start
Then click on printers and faxes
Right click your printer and click on set as default
Then right click it again if you see something that says "use printer online" click it
Other wise skip that step
Now try and print
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience: Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have to go now and take my medication and lay down for an hour. I will get back at this as soon as I can.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am back. I am diabetic. Now the printer icon is not back on my computer, I haven't tried to print yet and the on button has quit going on and off and it stays on now. I don't have the disk to do a all-in one download. What do I do from here?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
download and install this: Click Here
Then restart the computer and try to print
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I forgot to restart but it printed fine. You are wonderful and I thank you so much.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
Your welcome I'm glad that I could help, and hope that you will come back to the site and request me in the future. If you to to request me just add my name "pc specialist" to the question and I will answer.