abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  B-Tech Topper in CSE from IIT Roorkee, Experience as S/W design Engineer at Microsoft India

I have a code e000001-0010 on my 8070 canon copier can you

Customer Question

I have a code e000001-0010 on my 8070 canon copier can you tell me what that is ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  abhi_iitian replied 7 years ago.

The error code e00 is a fuser problem. This error code tells that the fixing assy is not able to get to the correct temp in the specified time. Also,the 0010 in the error code tells us that the copier was turned off and it was turned back on without trying to reset the error.

So, do the following to reset the error code:Press the additional function button, then the numbers 2 and 8 at the same time and then the additional function key again. After this, the display will be indicating the service options available. Now, touch copier then function at the top of the display, then clear in the middle, then err, then click ok. Power down copier at the right side rear, then turn back on. This resets the error code.

If the error again comes then you will have to check the fuser assy to see if the front drive gear or one of the thermistors has been damaged

You can also go through the information here

Hope that helps.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I cannot enter this infomation as the error code indicates to shut down the machine in red and will not let you go into additional functions or any where else
You will need to somehow get into the service mode(additional infor, i mean * button) to reset the error code even if it asks you to shutdown .The service mode is many times called a * 28 mode as these are required to enter here If you have grey buttons on it, try again . . and again . .and again if necessary. Experienced service techs sometimes have to do this several times before it finally gets into that mode. Try it several times.

Hope that helps
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it powers down when i get to that page it must be something michanical
which page do you mean ? Were you able to get into service mode and reset the error code ?

If it comes back again, I am afraid it is mechanical
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I press 2 8 get to that page hit copy then get a display with a bunch of numbers and letters at that point it goes blank shuts off and starts up again going to the code screec
Hi, looks to me that it would require a repair anyway. Still, I will opt out in case other experts have different ideas