Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

Error (E 3) is flashing on my canon pixma mp190 series-(serial

Customer Question

Error (E 3) is flashing on my canon pixma mp190 series-(serial #-JRKA92138). All of the paper was removed and the error (E 3) continues to flash.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.

Clear error codes

First make sure that there isn't anything keeping the carriage from moving freely.
Then follow the instructions below:

1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding
the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power LED is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a
service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the LED lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the
function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in
orange and green, starting with orange.)
The number of the Reset
button pressing

LED Codes:-

0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print
2 times Green EEPROM print
3 times Orange EEPROM reset
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset See waste ink counter reset
procedures below.
5 times Orange Destination setting See Destination setting
procedures below.
6 times Green Print head deep cleaning
11 times Orange Button / LCD checking
12 or more times Returns to a menu selection
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
e 3 continues to flash
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
Then it must be a hardware fault may be the paper sensor is damaged you have to repair it or replace it if it is under warranty period.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do I replace it under warranty period
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
You will get the nearest service center address and numbers at the back of the booklet or manual of the printer just call them they will take it from you and replace it with a new one.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I called the number in Lake Success, N Y - They replied "Good Bye" No respones
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry to say that the after sale support is very poor of cannon please try the number untill you get connected or if possible just take the product to there office.

Canon U.S.A., Inc.
One Canon Plaza
Lake Success, NY 11042
1-516-328-5600