Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

how do i get my computer out of recovery mode i was trying

Customer Question

how do i get my computer out of recovery mode?? i was trying to restore my computer but my first recovry disk is unreadable by my computer what to do??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer~!~

My name is XXXXX XXXXX i would like to assist you with your question tonight. Could you please tell me what you mean by it being stuck in recovery mode? If this recovery disk wasn't readable then you wouldn't be in recovery mode, correct? Is your computer able to boot up normally at all?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok i was trying to restore my computer so i put my recovery disk in my cd-rom so it went into system restore mode and told me to insert recovery disk #1 then it keeps saying its not the requested disk?? insert disk #1 my computer starts booting up and goes straight to recovery mode and i cant do anything else i cant cancel the restore or anything please help!!
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the quick reply. Is this a laptop or desktop computer? have you tried powering the computer off manually by holding the power button, then booting it back up without a recovery cd in the drive, if so what happens? Also if you turn your computer on and then start tapping the F8 key right away does it take you to a boot menu screen that has options such as safe-mode?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have tried powering up without disk in and it goes back to recovery mode but havent tried tapping f8 ill try thanks
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Alright thanks again for the information and letting me know that you have tried that suggestion. Please try the f8 and safe-mode and let me know if that works, if it does then I can tell you what to do from there.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok ill let you know

Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
ok