Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

monitor screen is bleached out and letters not sharp

can't make out light color print or pictures
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Have you tried adjusting the monitor brightness?
-Have you changed the resolution and color depth of xp?
-Have you tried changing the refresh rate?
-If you wiggle the monitor cable in the back of the computer does the image change at all?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what is refresh rate? I have done all the above except refresh rate.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
Ok to change your refrsh rate go to the display properties where you would change the color depth and resolution. Click on the advanced button at the top there is a monitor tab click that. That is where the refresh rate is try changing the settings it can help with flickering and sharpness faults.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where do I find display properties. not on tool bar?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where do I find display properties. not on tool bar? Is it the two circular arows at the top of screen? I am an 81yr old computor iliterate.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
right click on the desktop
Click on properties
Click on the settings tab at the top
Then click the advanced button
Click monitor at the top
Then try changing the refresh rate
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience: Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.