Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

My HP Photosmart 8050, error message Automatic paper sensor

Customer Question

My HP Photosmart 8050, error message "Automatic paper sensor failed." Not in sunlight. What do I now?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.
The automatic paper sensor is obstructed or damaged. Try moving the printer out of direct sunlight, then press OK and try printing again. If this does not work, go to www.hp.com/support or Contact Customer Care.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
You gave me the answer that is in the manual. In my question I said printer was not in sunlight and I went to hp.com/support and got nowhere.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I had a deadline to meet. I waited a long time for expert advice and finally phoned my local Staples store and talked to one of their tech staff members. He immediately suggested that I turn off the printer and then turn it back on. That was the solution - worked like a charm. So I no longer need a response from JustAnswer. Thank you.