Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

How to replace a broken power button on Gateway mid tower

Customer Question

I have a Gateway Mid Tower and the power button has gone down underneath the front panel making it impossible for me to turn it on. I've tried to get to the button by removing the 2 side panels but still can't get to it. I've been told I can replace this power button or perhaps put the spring back into place allowing me to at least getting it to turn on - but I'm stuck. Any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hello !!

Guess what, here is a complete instruction guide for this provided by gateway.

Goto this LINK and follow the instructions there.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

If my answer helped you, please click on the ACCEPT button so that I can get paid for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS is always appreciated.

Please ask me any question you have before leaving a Negative Feedback. I will be glad to help you solve all your problems.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well, that information you sent was more current than what I have listed for my model is #0019401806 166 Pentium 17 Mini Tower Select 750 to be exact - and the front panels that you sent weren't like what I have -
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hello !!

Can you click few pictures of the cpu cabinet (front n side views). Because as this seems quite old model so I will have to dig in and get you the instructions.

If yes, just zip all pictures and upload them to and send me the download link.