Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

I continue to get an error message for the canon MP610 printer....the

Customer Question

I continue to get an error message for the canon MP610 printer....the type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head. This appeared after a paper jam. How can I correct this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  shibaranjan replied 5 years ago.
hi...
thanks for using just answer

Does it shows any error code like U051, and U052..?

what is the exact error message..?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It shows both error codes. First it shows U051 then if you press OK it shows U052

U052 says The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head.

hi..
thanks for your reply

1. Turn off the printer
  2. Hold the Resume Button (red circle in the triangle), add a printer (click “Power”) an indicator light green.
  3. Hold the Power Button, release the Resume Button.
  4. Not releasing the Power Button, double click “Resume” and release Both Buttons.
  5. Click “Resume” for Four times
  6. Once you click “Power”, to confirm the selected action (reset counter absorber). To disable the printer “Power” button to click again.

hope this will helps you
If I answered your question and you are satisfied with the answer please click the green "ACCEPT" so that I am paid for my time.
hi..
i am wating for your reply
here i am providing you a link from where you can download a manual to solve your problem

http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&ei=pqnXSZXhIsGTkAWYj_THBA&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=fix+U051+error+in+canon+mp610&spell=1

you just copy it to your browser and download

try to clean this print head

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a question for shibaranjan - after completing step # XXXXX a screen that says service mode appears. The screen does not say anything els. Should it? Once completing the entire process a piece of paper feeds through and teh U051 error appears again.
hi...
thanks for your reply

Remove and re-insert the print head from the machine.

1. uninstall the drivers from control panel
  2. restart your pc
  3. install the drivers again
  4. Turn off the printer
  5. Hold the Resume Button (red circle in the triangle), add a printer (click “Power”) an indicator light green.
  6. Hold the Power Button, release the Resume Button.
  7. Not releasing the Power Button, double click “Resume” and release Both Buttons.
  8. Click “Resume” for Four times
  9. Once you click “Power”, to confirm the selected action (reset counter absorber). To disable the printer “Power” button to click again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately, none of the suggested solutions worked.
hi...
thanks for your reply
i am very very sorry for not working any solution
i had tried my best

so i opted out so that other experts can help you

thanks
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
If the Print Head is already installed, remove the Print Head once and then reinstall it.
If the error is not resolved, the Print Head may be damaged. Contact your Canon service representative.
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience: Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance