Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am having trouble logging into my Hotmail account on my laptop.

Customer Question

I am having trouble logging into my Hotmail account on my laptop. I can use the commputer at my workplace and logon just fine. no problems. With my laptop, I enter my email address (XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX) then my password, click sign in. The screen goes to the white screen (as usual) but never opens my inbox.   The line at the bottom of the screen where the small box appears and has the little green squares which show the progress of the loading of the page, it will fill up with the green squares then start over, fill up again and start over. This continues until I go to another website. Clicking the (X) STOP key will not stop this continous cycle.   Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
Hello !!

Which web browser are you using (internet explorer or firefox)

Are you using xp / vista

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am using XP home. On a Dell Inspiron 5100.

You can send a reply to a tempoary email address; XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
Hello !!

Please dont provide your email id as it gets blocked.

I can only send you message through this website.

There are lot of bugs in IE which makes it very slow and crashes for many websites.

I will give you a better solution. Just download this latest version of firefox. It also has Flash built in !!. And it is super fast compared to IE and will hardly ever crash.
http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.0.7&os=win⟨=en-US
When you get a message box, just RUN it.

When you receive the file fully, it will start installation.

After installed. Restart your computer.

Then goto Start > Program Files > Mozilla > Firefox [click it to start it]

Now try to use your email.

Let me know how it goes !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please ask me any question you have before leaving a Negative Feedback. I will be glad to help you solve all your problems.

Positive Feedback and BONUS is always appreciated.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

could you send your answer to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

I am unable to access my regular email at XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX.

Please send your answer to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Thank You

Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
Hello !!

Please dont provide your email id as it gets blocked. As you can see they get blocked by this website.

The only way for me to send you instructions is through this website.

Just download this latest version of firefox. It also has Flash built in !!. And it is super fast compared to IE and will hardly ever crash.

After installed. Restart your computer.

Now try to use your email.

Let me know how it goes !!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am downloading the foxfire software, with my dial up connection it will take appox 45 more minutes,

After I restart my computer, HOw will I get back to this site to accept your work so you can be paid?

Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
Hello !!

You can log back in to this website. Goto your questions list and come to this question.

Then click ACCEPT button.

Else just post a new question with "FOR ANDY" in the subject. And I will get back to you to show you how to do it.

Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Andy, my download is ar 36% . As soon as it loads I will run the program, restart my computer. If it works we are in business and I will do the ACCEPT. If it soes not work, I will take my laptop to work and tomorrow and I will be able to get on the DSL to connect with you ,
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
Hello !!

Do this, once the software is installed. Open firefox and try your email. Maybe it will work withouth re-starting the computer.

If it doesnt work, only then you need to re-start.

And, feel free to ask any question, either right now or later by replying this message.

Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience: 11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am at work this morning. I have attampted to D/L the FoxFire fix for my email, however, the firewall at work will not allow me to download the program.

I will go ahead and "Accept" so that you may be paid and will D/L the fix on Wed. night when I can get to a high speed internet source that is not filtered.

Thank you for your help, I am trusting that this will work.

Phillip

Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much for accepting it.

But be assured that I will keep assisting you even after you have accepted the answer. Just reply to this message if it doesnt work.