Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Experience:  Comptia A+ Certified Technician , with 8+ years Experience

How do I remove Overdrive Audiobooks from my iphone

Customer Question

How do I remove Overdrive Audiobooks from my iphone?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer~!~Smile

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question tonight. Please try the steps below to remove the "Overdrive Audiobooks" app from your iphone.

1) Hold your finger on either the icon for the application you wish to uninstall or any other icon until the icons on your home screen begin to shake or wiggle (this is the same action you normally take to move or re-arrange home screen icons)
2) Click the "x" that is in the upper left hand corner of the icon for the application you wish to remove

If this doesn't work please let me know and I will look for another solution for youLaughing
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The audiobooks are showing up in the ipod of my iphone as albums. But I cannot delete them using itunes because they do no show up when I connect to itunes on line. The books do not show up as icons on the screen. The only things that show up on itunes are the music files. No audiobooks because they were loaded on using Overdrive.
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Please try the steps below and let me know if that works to remove the audiobooks.
I found these steps at the site listed below:

Remove from computer: In the iTunes Library, highlight the audiobook genre so that you have all/only the audio books in that window. Right click on the audiobook title in iTunes Library and click clear. A window should appear that asks you if you want to move to the recycle bin. If you have problems with that method, right click on the highlighted title, select show song file, the file should appear in a window highlighted. Press the Delete key on your keyboard, Or highlight the file in the widow that appears and select delete file from left side of the window, OR highlight and right click on the file and choose delete.
Don't forget to empty the titles from your recyle bin.
To remove audio books from your iPod of your iphone: click on iPod icon in iTunes and sort by genre (add genre if it isn't there by right clicking on the title line and selecting genre so it is checked) by clicking on the name genre in the title line. Then you will have all your audio books together. Highlight and right click the titles you want to delete and choose clear.

If this doesn't work please let me know and I will look for another solution for you.Laughing
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
You should also be able to put the audiobooks in playlists on the iphone then just de-select the playlist and sync it to your computer. That gets them off of the iphone.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not helpful. I did not ask how to delete an application. I know how to do that. I have added and dropped many.
I need to know how to delete an audiobook from then ipod on my iPhone. I am happy to pay when I have been
Able to clear all of the books I am done with. Do not say go to itunes. The books do not show up on iTunes at
All . Will
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Alright Will, sorry I was unsuccessful in resolving your question. I will opt-out and give another expert the opportunity to look at your question and possibly resolve it.

Good Luck!Smile