B. Rath
B. Rath, IT Professional
Experience:  Certified support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

How do I make my computer stop crash dumping Every 15 minutes

Customer Question

How do I make my computer stop crash dumping?   Every 15 minutes or so it diplays a blue screen and says " Kernel crash dump"     ??????????   please help me!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.

Could you specify the exact error code/message, if any, in the 'Blue Screen of Death', as it is called, comes up? Also, since when has this issue been occurring?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it has been going on now for about 3 months and the exact message is " kernel crash dump " it says something fake may be installed on my computer and that i need to contact a specialist if it continues to happen which is why i chose this website!
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
Okay ..it's the memory dump info regarding the crash; do you get any STOP error in the blue screen, by any chance?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok i am having trouble understanding! can you explain what a stop error is please???
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
No worries ..a STOP error usually comes up in the 'Blue Screen of Death', mentioning a particular error code and/or message relevant to the crash that occurred. For example:

STOP 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

Now, could you make a note of the same in your system when the blue screen comes up, and let me know so that I can follow up further?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes i will let you know!

Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
Thanks! ..take your time and keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi again how do i keep the blue screen up long enough to get that code?? it just crashed on me again and the blue screen goes off to fast for me to copy that code!!!
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
No problem ..go to Start and right-click on 'Computer', and select 'Properties'. In the 'System' window that comes up, click on 'Advanced system settings' on the left panel. In the 'System Properties' dialog box that comes up, click on the 'Advanced' tab; under 'Startup and Recovery', click on the 'Settings' button. In the dialog box that comes up, under 'System failure', check the option 'Write an event to the system log', and uncheck the 'Automatically restart' option. Done that, click 'Ok' and wait for the blue screen to come up now ..make a note of the STOP error accordingly and get back to me, so that we can take this further.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks and i will get back to you ASAP!!!!! thanks again talk to you soon
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
Sure!
Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
Any update on this one?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok i have that code that popped up on the blue screen!! it is

stop:0x0000007a (0xc0214e44, 0xc0000185, ox39404869, ox85391a56)

Expert:  B. Rath replied 5 years ago.
Okay ..do you have a Windows Vista installation disc with you?

Regards