Austin Atkins
Austin Atkins, A+ Certified IT Pro
Experience:  A+ Certifed Technician 5 years, IC3 Certifed 6 years
16485884

I have a Dell Inspiron B130 laptop- It has four indicator

I have a Dell Inspiron B130 laptop- It has four indicator lights, and their symbols, at the front and left side of the computer-- also three lights, with symbols, above the keyboard,center- what are these symbols, and what do they mean? I have spent an inordinate amount of time on this... I hope that you can help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Austin Atkins replied 5 years ago.
Hello Miriam O Skaggs. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to help you.

Your computer looks like this on the front correct?

http://www.notebookreview.com/assets/9657.jpg

if not please let me know.

For the lights on the front left.

First light is the power light. This will be on when your computer is on.

The second light is called the hard drive activity light. This light blinks when your computers hard drive is being accessed. You will see this light blinking at what appears to be random. On a computer that is idling with no programs running, this should blink here and there. When you run a virus scan, this light will be blinking quickly or on constantly. (As a rule, the more this light blinks, the slower your computer will run).

The third light is your battery light. This can reveal a lot about whats going on with your computer. Go to the following link and scroll 3/4 of the page down to the section *System Battery/Charge LED*. In general, if its green its being charged.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=us&dl=false&l=en&s=gen&docid=12FCCAA558727884E0401E0A55172D6B&doclang=en&cs=

The fourth light is the wireless light. This light is illuminated when the wireless is actively enabled. Should the wireless light be off it is because the wireless switch is off or disabled in windows through the device manager.

The first light above the keyboard is the key when Num lock is on. Number lock makes the keys only enter in numbers.

The second light is The Caps lock, all keys will show upper case letters.

The third light is the scroll lock which locks all features to make things scroll on screen.

Hope this helps. Please accept my answer if it does. Thank you.

Austin

Austin Atkins, A+ Certified IT Pro
Experience: A+ Certifed Technician 5 years, IC3 Certifed 6 years
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Austin,

Just wanted to say that I appreciate your help- great answer- everything that I wanted to know!

Your are most welcome!
Austin Atkins, A+ Certified IT Pro
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just i
HelloCustomer Did you have another question for me? I see a response but it just says "I just i." Please let me know if you need help with anything else and I'll be glad to help. Thank you.

Austin
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear Austin,
     I just checked my account, and it said "waiting for you", and that you were waiting for me to pay---I did pay, Austin, plus a tip for you...please take care of this situation,    and, this is a reply, not a question...
            Sincerely, Miriam
Ok. I was just checking because this morning when I checked (or maybe last night) my screen showed a response from you and all it said was "I just I." So I wasn't sure if you had another question or not. It may have said waiting because of my response "You are most welcome." When you see this message, it simply means that I responded, it doesn't mean you have to pay. You only get charged when you click the accept button, which you did some time back. So no more money has been taken from your account. Thanks.

Austin
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I Did pay Austin, and with a tip for him...He e mailed me back,, to thank me, that he enjoyed working with me, and that I would receive priority.....I have been so happy with your service,and now I feel
somewhat ripped off, unless this is clarified and corrected soon...
And I can't find Austin's answer anymore---We leave for 10 days tommorow, and I would like to get this matter settled!
        Thank you
             Sincerely, Miriam
HelloCustomer this is Austin Atkins. Looking at our posts, you only chose accept once, this means your original deposit was taken from your account and placed to justanswer. The website is what finally charges your card, I have no part in this. Since you choose accept just the one time, you got charged for only that one time. The reason I responded to you just a couple of days ago was because my screen showed that you had left me a message. It only said 3 words. So I responded back and asked if you needed anything else. As far as I can tell you only have been charged once. Justanswer does the charging and the experts get a portion of it. I have not charged anything else than when you accepted my first answer. Please send an email toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and they can help you out from there. Good luck.

Austin
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am curious about my account, as we have been gone for 10 days...
Before we left for vacation, I paid Austin a second time, just to have everything taken care of, because I did not have the time to hassle this....Now the replys that I wrote to Shidhin say "waiting for expert", rather than "account settled"....Please clarify this, and
please do not charge me for this reply...Thank you...I hope that this can soon be settled...I have been too impressed with you, to start feeling "ripped off".....
                  Sincerely, Miriam
HelloCustomer this is Austin Atkins. I will send in a refund request for your second accept. This is what you want correct?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear Austin--
     Yes, but I want to make sure that this is fair to you-- what I really want to know is if my account is clear regarding Shidhin--he
tried to help me when the icons on my favorites list reverted to
the blue e s, and he was really good to work with-I do not know if
I owe him any money or not
No. This will not remove anything from your original accept which you paid me for. When you are refunded the money (I have sent the request to JustAnswer Moderators) they will refund you for the unnecessary accept. This will in no way remove your first accept to me. Should you need more information. You can send an email toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and they can assist you further. Good luck.

Austin
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Austin,
     Thank you for clarifying things to me....I really do appreciate your help, and hope that I can work with you again....Besides I like to tip! Thanks again-I will request you, when I have the next question.
                    Sincerely, Miriam
Your welcome.

Best of luck.

Austin