Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

I have a canon MP830 and it comes up with an error 5010 what

I have a canon MP830 and it comes up with an error 5010 what does this mean. thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.
Please try out this and let me know

1. power OFF the printer
2. Unplug the printer's power cord from the electrical source.
3. Wait AT LEAST 1 minute - no less than 1 minute.
4. After 1 minute, plug-in the printer to the electrical source. Turn on the printer - wait for it to warm up as usual and it should be ok
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Done that!! It resets i print something again and it still comes up with that message once the printing is done. i've checked the ink tanks all is fine!!

Now what

Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.
Please try to move the scanner switch On and Off few times which you can see after you open the scanner cover on the left side.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Done. message still comes on after i print. i have to turn the machine off then on to be able to do the next printing job. this is fustrating, i've tried nearly everything except a hammer!!
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.
It seems to be a hardware problem and only can be resolved by a physical intervention it will better for you to take it to the nearest service center.

Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
And i just paid $9 for that advice! I'm sorry but that isn't good enough, can't you research it a little more? Isn't there a manual that can be referred to?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.
The error code 5010 is shows when the scanner is stuck for some reason you can try the switch once more and try to scan if the scanner jam is realeased some how the error code will be resolved and it is very unfortunate that it is a very common problem for Cannon All in Ones but you cant find anything in the manual about this error code.

Hope This will Help You

Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks i'll try that.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.
If you found my answer helpful please click the ACCEPT button.Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated.